- Important Notes
- Dates & Prices
- Whats Included
The Jomsom Trek enjoys amazingly varied topography. A “trekker’s paradise” is a fair description of this amazing experience. Numerous places of interest can also be witness on this trek.
Jomsom, known as the” windy valley. It is the capital of Mustang district. The Holy Kaligandaki River runs past. It is 2800 meters above sea level .
It is known as the gateway to the “Upper Mustang Trek”. As it is a restricted area it requires a special permit to enter. The trek begins from either Jomsom (after taking flight from Pokhara) or from Birethanti (after an hour and a half bus ride from Pokhara). On the way, one can also enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayas. Also you will be walking through the world’s deepest gorge at Dana. At the same time, you can stop at a hot spring at Tatopani, which is believed to wash away sins in the purifying waters. Most of the trek is along the river of Kaligandaki, where one can find Shaligram (fossils), stones that reveal different patterns once broken open
Most of the trek is along the river of Kaligandaki, where one can find Shaligram (fossils), stones that reveal different patterns once broken open.
The trek to Jomsom leads you all the way to Muktinath (God of Salvation). Muktinath Temple is one of the most popular Hindu temples in Nepal, featuring pagoda-style temples and Buddhist Gompas.
There are 108 images around the temple and three natural fires (Jwalamai), which are easily viewable from inside the Gompas. This is the adventure of a lifetime, fusing interesting elements of Nepalese culture and beautiful nature.
Please press “enter” for full detail
Your health and safety are always major concern while traveling with Apoorvatours, since this adventure leads to travel in remote mountainous regions it inevitably involves any degree of risk and is subject to weather conditions, therefore our guides and tour leaders are instructed to make any essential changes to the itinerary that are required for your own health and safety. Your well being is important to us and we want your tour to be memorable for all the right reasons. However we will always make every effort to ensure that you are happy and that your hopes and expectations are realized.
Date & Price
The given prices are per person and exclude international flights. Given below are the departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable then please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.
Apoorva Tours & Treks also organizes trips on small groups, so we recommend you to reserve a seat for yourself by booking with us right away. Hurry! The adventure awaits you.
|Book Now Status|
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3-star hotels in both Kathmandu and Pokhara. (Both on B&B basis)
- Teahouses during the trek with all meals
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu with a tour guide and all temples/monuments entrance fees.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara flight ; Jomsom to Pokhara flight
- Pokhara to Kathmandu transportation in tourist bus
- All necessary paper work and permits (ACAP, Trekking permit)
- All government and local taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring USD cash and two passport photographs)
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International and domestic flights (Pokhara to Kathmandu)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
IndiaGreat arrangement! Nice friendly tour guides. Thanks for everything! Highly recommended!!! [. . .]